Saturday, June 06, 2009

June Update!

Welcome to June!

I have been working on Mohawk the last week and have, most importantly, fixed some video bugs. I killed off a video-related segfault and (finally) fixed Cinepak's color. I'll have some videos up later in the week showcasing Mohawk's ability to (ab)use the Overlay to play a Cinepak video :P

I also had some Myst fixes, though it doesn't make the game more playable or anything. I shall be working on Mohawk more this week and then probably not again until July (lots of stuff to do and vacation). We'll see how much I get done :P

Riven will once again be the focus of my efforts. Though, Myst and RTZ PSX will be temptations to look at :P

Oh, and make sure you buy Tales of Monkey Island. I know I will! :P

5 comments:

DrMcCoy said...

You should use my dither code instead of abusing the overlay. :P

clone2727 said...

My plan is just to wait until the GSoC 16bpp task is done and then switch the whole engine over to that. All of the games can benefit from this anyway, especially with transitions.

So, the overlay abuse was just a temporary thing :P

Unknown said...

I'm really looking forward to the Mohawk engine now as I recently completed Myst ME with wine which was stable after a few tweaks but the sound sucked. And now I'm playing Riven with wine but it freezes randomly which is so annoying.

Unknown said...

How did you fix Cinepak's color? That's been bugging me for a while.

clone2727 said...

@Danny: Not sure what you mean. I was using a Cinepak color conversion listed in the specs, but couldn't get it to work. I used a standard YUV to RGB conversion in the end.