After about a year of work, videos finally work and now with full a/v sync (md5 suggested something that could be the problem and that was it). Of course it was about a five line fix, but that's the not the point. ;)
Mohawk progress in the past month, let's see... I don't really remember a lot of it. I've spent most of my time on Uni things. It's now break, so it's time to work on more! digitall has been working on QDesign Music 2 (a complex audio codec used in Myst ME) and then we've taken an early look into the Living Books games. Nothing playable yet, but we can parse the "book outline" files.
I'm sure there's more I've forgotten, but I'll give a quick wrap-up:
- Many graphical glitches
- Wrongly disabled hotspots
- Only Stoneship is accessible from Myst Island
- D'ni is accessible! Can't hand a page over though :P
Myst ME: Slightly less playable than Myst (inherits the same problems)
- Less videos work
- Probably some PICT problems that have yet to be encountered
Riven: Very playable
- Almost no status update since last time :P
- Fixed one minor regression from cleanup
Myst is movin' right along now! Unfortunately, both Myst and Riven have hardcoded puzzles which are the biggest impediment in progressing further. But fear not, they will be worked on!