Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wii(k) Virtual Console

So, I've been playing on the Wii. A lot. Mostly Brawl, but Wii Sports as well. So, I took a look at the Wii Store. I bought two things (mostly because they made me buy a minimum of 1000 points). The first: The Internet Channel! Which is awesome (no, I'm not posting from it)! It's great for just checking e-mail and such, but using YouTube on it is even better. The other 500 points went towards a Virtual Console game -- The Legend of Zelda. Sure, it's a good game, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. "These are not the games you're looking for." I expected to get a great selection, especially for the N64, but mostly it was older Nintendo developed products. Where are all the LucasArts games for the Nintendo console: Maniac Mansion NES, Loom TurboGrafx16 (which is emulated on the Wii), the Star Wars NES/SNES games, Shadows of the Empire N64, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine N64? Come on, LucasArts! Even if you don't market your games you can put them there!

Not to mention one other game that should most definitely be on the list: GOLDENEYE 007!!! There are talks about it, but I doubt it's going to happen. The whole Rare/Microsoft situation and that only Activision has the current Bond license... But, hey, it could happen.

On the bright side, I'll be able to finally get Rogue Squadron 2 (not 3).

In other news, I have programmed again. My life has not been completely absorbed by the Wii. Yet.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Cool, I have a Wii too! What's your wii address? (If you want to can email it to me)