Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Best Video Games

I've been playing video games for years, starting with the earliest (Concentration, Family Feud, Jeopardy!) and working my way to today. My opinion on games hasn't changed much. If I have fun playing it, it's a good game. It seems like a simple formula, but it has always worked for me. For instance, I could not get myself to play most Game Boy games (except PokeMon, which was quite addictive). Well, here are my favorite games, in category order.

  • Racing:
    • Gran Turismo
      • I really don't play racing games.This is one of the only exceptions. Episode I Racer, maybe too. But, it was really good. I remember playing with my Uncle for hours at a time.
  • FPS's:
    This is tough. I was never really an FPS player. But, I have two favorites:
    • Dark Forces
      • Star Wars + FPS = Nice. Sure, I enjoyed the others, but I had the most fun in this game.
    • Goldeneye 007
      • That's right! The best multiplayer FPS I've ever played. Better than that Halo thing so many talk about. I still play with my friends who have an N64.
  • Strategy:
    • Theme Park
      • Besides "The Sims", it's the only strategy game I have. (The Star Wars ones will not be mentioned). I could play for hours, just building and managing.
  • RPG:
    Blegh. RPG. I have no favorite. PokeMon would probably be the closest, but KoToR and KH also are up there.
  • Action/Adventure:
    Ah, platforming. That's better. This is probably more of my adventure game heritage showing, though.
    • Crash Bandicoot 3:
      • Warped Yeah, that's right. Make fun all you want, but this game was really fun.
    • Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank
      • Runners up. Both in their own way.
  • Flight Simulation:
    • TIE-Fighter
      • Star Wars bottled up into awesomeness. I haven't found a better flight sim game out there. Though, Rogue Squadron II was pretty good too. Rebel Assault also has a soft spot on me.
  • Adventure:
    Ah, the pinnacle of gaming. The creme de la creme. Adventure games. I have no favorite. I know, that's horrible. But, I've played so many good ones! So, I'll list them here:
    • Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
    • Riven: The Sequel to Myst
    • The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time
    • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Disagree? Post comments!

Disclaimer: This is only the opinion of the author, clone2727.










ONE DAY LEFT!

No comments: