Monday, May 19, 2008

Yabause!

Two days ago I guess, I ran RTZ Sega Saturn through Yabause. It worked surprisingly well! It showed the videos pretty well (only some minor stuttering, probably from running off the CD -- a Windows problem...) and was playable from what I could tell. Due to my lack of Japanese language knowledge, I had to rely on my limited knowledge of the DOS version. In that case, it's very limited. I, truthfully, never played the game until it was added to ScummVM. It had been down in my basement for years collecting dust with other non-played games.

I also ran The Manhole PCE through Hu-Go! It showed the intro, but I couldn't get far. I couldn't control the game after the beanstalk rose from the manhole. Oh well.

In other news, I've been working on an engine for a game I had to design (for something). Not for ScummVM, and not really for adventure games either. Just something that I threw together for a simple first person maze game. Perhaps I should extend it to allow for more functionality...

No comments: